Full Mouth Reconstruction: Dramatically Improving Oral Health
For patients dealing with extensive oral health issues, such as dental decay, periodontal disease, or failing restorations, Drs. Daniel P. Duggan and John E. Seylar can offer full mouth reconstruction in Bay Shore, NY. This treatment is customized for your specific needs, and includes a range of restorative treatments that can dramatically repair the health and appearance of your smile.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
A full mouth reconstruction addresses all of a patient’s oral health issues as part of a single, comprehensive plan, rather than one at a time. This complete restoration of the mouth can improve patients’ ability to chew, speak, or bite properly. Furthermore, creating a strategic treatment plan that addresses the most pressing issues first will ensure that treatments are performed in a logical order that saves patients money in the long run.
As an added bonus, restoring the health of your teeth can also improve their appearance, as well. A healthier, more beautiful smile can help you take greater confidence in your day-to-day life.
Not every patient will need a full mouth reconstruction to target their problems. It is usually on recommended to patients who have extensive oral health issues. Additionally, patients should be in good overall health. Any pre-existing medical conditions that could affect recovery should be discussed with Dr. Duggan or Dr. Seylar before treatment begins.
Full mouth reconstruction treatments are always customized to solve each individual patient’s unique health issues.
Dental phobia should not keep patients from receiving critical care. We are pleased to offer sedative options such as nitrous oxide to help all our patients feel more relaxed during the procedure and to increase comfort during long or complex treatments.
Full mouth reconstruction treatments are always customized to solve each individual patient’s unique health issues. Our range of treatments include:
- Fillings: Small to moderate areas of decay can often be treated with dental fillings. We offer tooth-colored composite fillings for a natural look.
- Crowns: A tooth with a large cavity or significant damage may require a dental crown. These restorations cover the entire structure, offering reinforcement and strength.
- Bridges: Individuals who are missing one or multiple consecutive teeth can benefit from a dental bridge. Anchored by two crowns, this restoration bridges the gap in your smile with prosthetic teeth.
- Dental implants: Considered the gold standard of dental restoration, dental implants are small titanium posts that replace the roots of missing teeth. Once fused with the surrounding jawbone tissue, they can anchor restorations such as crowns or bridges.
- Periodontal care: Healthy gums are the foundation of a healthy smile. We offer periodontal treatments, such as scaling and root planing, to target gingivitis and gum disease.
- Dentures: Those with significant tooth loss can restore their smiles with partial or full dentures. At our practice, we offer both conventional and implant-supported appliances.
We are dedicated to providing the most advanced treatments available. In addition to his extensive study with laser dentistry and same-day restorative dentistry, Dr. Duggan is an active member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the American Dental Association.
For patients concerned about the cost of treatment, our practice is pleased to offer CareCredit®, a trusted medical financing solution that can break down your treatment costs into affordable monthly payments. We know that medical treatment costs can be a hurdle for many patients and are proud to offer options that open doors for critical treatment.
Build a Stronger, Healthier Smile
Are you interested in learning more about full mouth reconstruction? Contact our practice at (631) 586-6300 to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors. We can determine whether this treatment is right for you.
"We love Dr. Duggan and his staff. Everyone is friendly and professional and we feel that they would do anything for our family. We highly recommend to anyone!"Colleen Kelly V.