Choose Dental Bonding for an Enhanced and Balanced Smile
Even the healthiest, most attractive smile can be diminished by a chipped, cracked, gapped, or stained tooth. These cosmetic issues can negatively impact your oral health, making you more vulnerable to tooth decay, breakage, and other dental problems. At Duggan Dental Group in Bay Shore, NY, Dr. Daniel P. Duggan and Dr. John E. Seylar offer dental bonding to correct a wide range of aesthetic concerns. This procedure can alter the size, shape, and color of a tooth, bringing balance and symmetry to your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
One of the most versatile cosmetic options available, dental bonding offers a number of advantages. For example:
- The entire process can be completed in a single office visit. In contrast, dental crown or porcelain veneer placement often requires several weeks and multiple appointments. With dental bonding, patients can leave our office with a brand new smile in under one hour.
- Dental bonding is one of the most cost-effective treatments in cosmetic dentistry. While crowns or veneers are sometimes necessary to achieve optimal aesthetics and health, they are more expensive. Dental bonding is one of the most affordable procedures in cosmetic dentistry, and can deliver exceptional results.
- Compared to alternative treatments, dental bonding is conservative and minimally invasive. When a veneer or crown is placed, the dentist must remove some of the natural tooth enamel. Due to this permanent alteration of your smile, these restorations must be replaced if they ever become damaged. Removal of natural tooth structure is not necessary with dental bonding. In fact, the procedure is completely reversible.
Would I Be a Good Candidate for Dental Bonding?
Those who wish to enhance the aesthetics of their smile can be considered for dental bonding. This treatment can address numerous cosmetic imperfections, including:
- Craze lines
- Dental discoloration or intrinsic staining
- Gapped teeth
- Slightly crooked or overlapped teeth
To be eligible for dental bonding, you should be in good oral health. In other words, you should be free from serious dental problems, such as periodontal disease or extensive decay. If these issues are present, we can improve your oral health with general and restorative procedures before pursuing cosmetic treatment. During a consultation at Duggan Dental Group, our doctors will let you know if you qualify for dental bonding.
About the Treatment Process
To begin the dental bonding process, the doctor first chooses a shade of composite resin to match your natural tooth enamel. Next, the surface of the affected tooth is roughened with a special substance called dental etch. This helps the resin material bond to the tooth. When the tooth is ready, we will apply the composite resin to the tooth, molding and shaping it until the desired appearance is achieved. To harden the material, we use a special dental curing light.
Dental bonding is one of the most cost-effective treatments in cosmetic dentistry.
Once the material has hardened, the tooth is then polished, your bite is assessed, and any necessary final adjustments are made. In most cases, patients can undergo dental bonding without local anesthesia. However, our team offers nitrous oxide sedation for those who may want to feel more relaxed and at ease during treatment.
Contact Duggan Dental Group
Do you hide your smile due to chipped, stained, or gapped teeth? If so, dental bonding could be an excellent option for you. To help our patients afford the treatment they deserve, we also offer CareCredit® financing. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment at our practice, contact us online or call Duggan Dental Group at (631) 586-6300.
"We love Dr. Duggan and his staff. Everyone is friendly and professional and we feel that they would do anything for our family. We highly recommend to anyone!"Colleen Kelly V.